2019 Best riflescope award
PASSION 3X 3-9×42 BONUS – 5 custom turrets, reticle – PLEX
5 custom turrets
This award-winning entry-premium, 1-inch main-tube riflescope packs incredible features into a small, compact, and versatile optic, with premium features like industry-leading field of view, quick-adjust turrets, fast focus ocular, and generous eye relief. The PASSION 3X 3-9×42 with 5 customized ballistic turrets is sure to be your workhorse that transforms your hunt into a harvest.
- 1-inch main tube
- Excellent eye relief
- 1/4 MOA CCW rotation
- Extreme field of view
- Fast focus ocular
- Metal turret caps
- GPObright lens coating technology
- Double HD objective glass technology
- Cleaning cloth
- Bikini scope cover
GPOBTS – Ballistic Turret System
The PASSION 3X Ballistic Turret System is only available for PASSION 3X 3-9×42 and PASSION 3X 4-12×42. It is calibrated to use select Hornady ammunition. We recommend that the user practices at long range, and confirms the actual bullet placement at long range distances. Exact bullet placement can be affected by elevation, wind, temperature, and the angle of the target. Practice long range shooting to assure bullet placement on your target.
For best results, use these Hornady cartridges:
- 223 Remington: Use Hornady American Gunner ammunition item #80237
- 6.5 Creedmoor: Use Hornady American Whitetail ammunition item #81489
- 308 Winchester: Use Hornady American Whitetail ammunition item #8090
- 30-06 Springfield: Use Hornady American Whitetail ammunition item #81084
- 300 Winchester Magnum: Use Hornady American Whitetail ammunition item #82044
How to use this system:
- Properly mount and secure the riflescope on your rifle.
- Using the proper Hornady ammunition listed above, and without replacing the turret, sight your rifle in at 200 yards.
- After your rifle is sighted in, hold the elevation turret tightly in place (do not allow click movement), and remove the center screw located in the center of the elevation turret.
- Remove the factory installed turret ring.
- Replace the turret ring with the selected caliber custom turret ring.
- Align the 200-yard marking on the custom turret with the zero indicator mark located directly under the turret ring.
- Replace the center screw to affix the custom turret in place.
Your rifle is now equipped with a custom-engraved turret that is calibrated to the select Hornady cartridge. To shoot at long distances, you simply need to dial the distance of your defined target. Rotate the turret and align the distance of the target (ex. 400 yards), and set the 400-yard mark on your turret with the zero indicator mark on the body of the main scope tube.
GPObright is a proprietary coating process that maximizes light transmission through each surface of an optical element. As light hits an optical surface, normal uncoated high-performance glass can reflect up to 5% of that light, redirecting this light so it does not transmit through the optical system. However, when these high-performance lenses are vacuum-coated with GPObright lens coatings, up to 99.7% of the available light passes through each optical surface. Furthermore, when every surface of the entire optical system is properly coated, total light transmission can reach up to more than 92%, making the optical image of a GPO binocular or riflescope “bright,” even in the lowest light conditions.
A Double HD lens is the final product, created when multiple extra-low dispersion lenses are chemically laminated to make a single, multilayer high-performance optical lens. Laminating multiple lenses minimizes light reflection on the surface of multiple lenses, creates enhanced resolution and color contrast images, and minimizes chromatic aberrations. This benefit is clearly visible with all GPO products supporting this feature. This high-performance process is routinely found in the photographic market and with the highest quality photographic lens manufacturers, but has now transitioned into premium sporting optics.
Please click on the link to download the manual